To be admitted through the Georgia Virtual Technical Connection (GVTC) to one of the Technical College System of Georgia's (TCSG) 22 technical colleges, you must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Complete and submit the online application form with a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit high school, technical school, and/or college transcript.
NOTE: Home school students acceptance requirements in lieu of a high school diploma or transcript are as follows:
- Letter from superintendent's office showing that the parents conformed to the requirements of the Georgia Department of Education.
- Final or exit exam scores from an accredited state and/or national testing program.
- Annual progress reports for the equivalent of the home schooler's senior years.
NOTE: Students with diplomas from secondary schools located outside the United States may have their transcripts evaluated for equivalency by an approved outside evaluation organization or attain a General Education Development High School Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Submit assessment test scores within the last five (5) years. These may be ASSET, SAT, ACT, COMPASS or Accuplacer. More information concerning the ASSET placement test can be found at http://www.act.org/asset/, as well as a sample exam.
- Sixteen (16) years of age or older.
NOTE: Some programs require an older age requirement.
- Beginning Student. A beginning student is one who has completed no technical college or other post-secondary work.
- Transfer Student. A transfer student is one who has completed work at any post-secondary institution.
- Transient Student. A transient student is a student who is enrolled at one technical college, requesting to take a course(s) at another technical college. This student must ask the home college to complete the Transient Student Agreement form and send to the host college.
- Special Admit Student. A special admit student is a student who is non-award seeking. This student desires credit for coursework, but is not pursuing a certificate, diploma, or associate degree.