Are you having trouble with email or discussion boards through Internet Explorer?
If you are unable to type in the comment or text box (called the “HTML Editor”) in ANGEL discussion forums, drop boxes, mail messages, etc., it is probably caused by your browser. The Firefox browser has had the fewest reported problems, so try switching to that first. If it doesn’t work, or you were already using Firefox, follow the steps below, in the order given.
1. For all browsers, try clearing the cache first (instructions: Clearing Cache to Enable HTML Editor). If the HTML Editor still doesn’t work, try each browser below, starting with Firefox. Note: these four browsers are the only ones that are fully compatible with ANGEL.
2. Firefox: Disable any extra toolbars like Yahoo, Ask, Bing, AVG, Google (the actual toolbar, not the search field), Norton, Amazon, etc. If you have several toolbars, disable them one at a time and check the Editor after each one.
3. Google Chrome: if you have installed the Evernote Web Clipper 6.0 extension, disable it. Previous versions of the Clipper have not reported any problems.
4. Internet Explorer: turn on Compatibility Mode.
a. In IE version 9 and earlier, click on the compatibility icon in the navigation bar until it turns a solid color. (The icon looks like a page torn across the middle.)
b. In IE 10 or 11, click on Tools, Compatibility View Settings, and add your college's angellearning.com website.
5. Safari: Clear the cache (both PC and Mac)